Monday, October 5, 2015

Sweater Weather

I was tagged by Anna at Something Splendid Studios. Thanks for the tag!!! ^_^

1. Favorite candle scent
Anything apple-cinnamon is perfect for fall. I don't really have a favorite candle scent, though; I love candles in general. When we're in that section of the store I'll always be the weird girl sniffing the candles.

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Can I have all three? :) Coffee is a necessity for me, but tea is probably my favorite flavor-wise. (I have especially fond memories of this one Twinings apple cinnamon breakfast tea that tasted fantastic--just the right balance between the apple and cinnamon flavors--but I can't seem to find it anymore.) I don't drink hot chocolate much unless I'm seriously craving it--and even then it's mostly an excuse to have whipped cream.
via

3. What’s the best fall memory you have?
I don't really have a best fall memory, per se. My favorite times are hanging out with all my family, especially my sisters (unfortunately that's a lot harder to achieve now that we're scattered across the country), or being out in nature, like that one time we hiked up Multnomah Falls in October. ^_^

4. Best fragrance for fall
I hardly ever wear perfume so no input on that. Favorite fall smells would be dried leaves, and just the way the air outside starts to smell as it gets colder.

5. Favorite Thanksgiving food
This one raspberry "pie" (it's more like a cheesecake since it has a graham cracker crust) my sister makes with cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and Cool Whip, that gets topped with raspberry sauce and it's all light and fluffy and just the right amount of sweetness. SO GOOD.

via - not the recipe, but it's similar in appearance to what she makes

6. What is autumn weather like where you live?
Too short! We hit this really nice stretch of weather in the 50s or 60s, but all too quickly it starts snowing and getting too cold for comfort. But Ohio does have a really nice fall, for as long as it lasts.

7. Most worn sweater
Anything oversize and incredibly cozy.

8. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
Ugh, definitely not football. Jumping in leaf piles is fun, but I prefer wandering through the woods.
via; photo by elena morelli

9. Skinny jeans or leggings?
I guess leggings. I wear them with dresses a lot in fall; they're comfy and a lot less of a pain to deal with than panty hose.
via

10. Combat boots or Uggs?
I prefer boots, but Uggs are more my staple come winter (they have better grip than my boots).

11. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
When it's done right. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte, definitely worth the hype (though maybe not worth the calories). I love lots of pumpkin spice things, but sometimes the blend of flavors makes me nauseous.

12. Favorite fall TV show
Flower Boy Next Door. The perfect drama for staying indoors and wearing oversize sweaters.

via
via

13. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?
I don't have particular songs that remind me of fall... How about Stranger Sun from Boys Over Flowers?


14. What do you want to be for Halloween? 
I doubt I'll do anything for Halloween this year. But I'd love to dress up as Sophie Hatter from the Studio Ghibli movie version of Howl's Moving Castle sometime. I've already got the long brown hair and bangs, just need to find the dress and a hat!

15. Hats or Scarves?
I love the look of scarves, but I'm more of a hat person.

16. What’s your #1 favorite thing about fall?
The weather, the atmosphere. I love the mood of this time of year, when everything starts getting sleepy and a bit gloomy--ideal weather for curling up with a book and a cup of tea and gazing wistfully out the window. It's great for alone time, but also a great time to spend with family and friends--preferably while baking cookies.
via
afternoon tea by liana wears

I hereby tag Joni at Lace and Fog and Alex at Third Star to the Right. I hope you'll join in on the fun! :D

7 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! Autumn is my favorite season of all, so I'll obviously have to do this! Oversized sweaters are wonderful, and so is the spooky, chilly atmosphere of October. Thanks for tagging me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in full-blown autumn fangirl mode right now, so this was a fun tag. I love the fall chill. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Yay for fall! I loved reading this:) And that raspberry pie looks and sounds DELICIOUS. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for tagging me! It was a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Oooo... This tag and your post has got me all in the mood for AUTUMN. I'm feeling the cozy goodness...
    You dressing/cosplaying as Sophie would be PERFECT for so many reasons. And WHEN it happens, I want pictures. ;)
    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it ever happens, I'll make sure to take pictures! The hardest part is finding a dress that's somewhat similar! I keep an eye out whenever I'm at Goodwill, but no luck so far...

      Delete
  4. I tagged you in the text tag! If you're interested:)

    http://ponderousthoughtsairiefeelings.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-text-tag.html

    ReplyDelete