Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Night of Stars

Painted in watercolor and acrylic, November 2013. I mostly painted this in watercolor, and then pulled out highlights with white acrylic.

The scene is from a short story I've been working on, titled The Night of Stars. (The title was inspired by the song Barcarolle (Night of Stars) as sung by Charlotte Church...or played by my sister on the piano.)  There's an inspiration board for the story on Pinterest, if you want to see a little of what's going on in my head. Also, what I've written thus far is posted on Figment. I played around a little with the painting in Photoshop to create a book cover for it:
My art and my stories both are strongly influenced by all of the books and fairy tales I've read through my life, and this painting is a prime example.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh ... pretty sure I'm going to need to hear the rest of this story at some point! Intriguing - and a hauntingly beautiful picture besides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'll have to hurry up and finish it, then!

      Delete