Monday, December 19, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood. Colored pencil. October, 2011.
A sketch from back in October. I realized all of a sudden that I had never tried drawing Little Red Riding Hood--so, there you go. Not terrific; I sketched it up in pencil and then added the color without taking much care with composition or boring things like that. The hand, obviously, I did not use a model for--and I really should have.

After getting that far into the drawing I realized I could try and rework it and make it more dramatic, but I'd spent too much time on it to do anything major on that piece of paper.
So I went and did another with graphite...

Graphite. October, 2011.
After doing that one, I did a couple more thumbnails (small sketches), making her lean more and exaggerating the curves in the cloak to make the composition more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment