Tuesday, July 26, 2011

East of the Sun and West of the Moon

East of the Sun and West of the Moon illustration. Colored pencil, 2010.
Also a fair entry for 2010. I created this early 2010 (ish...not entirely sure) and worked on it some more to prep it for the fair that September. Based on one of my favorite fairy tales, East of the Sun and West of the Moon. (A girl rides the winds to find a place that doesn't exist and save her lost love from the troll princess. What's not to love?)
Detail.

December 2011 Update: My current assignment in art is to come up with a children's book based off of this fairy tale--illustrations and all. It's going really slowly, but I have come up with a pretty comprehensive Pinterest board for inspiration. :P I haven't come to a decision yet, but I started out hoping to base the whole style of the book off of this drawing, and likely redo the drawing to use as cover art. We'll see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment