Monday, June 27, 2011

Cards

Went a little card-making-happy today.
I'd come up with a vague idea for a card using a background stamp of mine in blue, and ended up with this:
White card (from a set), stamped the background with a couple of blue inkpads, then inked around the edges with more blue and some light green. Black swirls stamped on. Hot-glued the green ribbon, plastic pearl strand, and finally the green flower (with a button from a jar I bought awhile back).

Next, although I already made a chandelier card on a whim, I wanted to play around some more with that stamp, so I made this:
Pink card (from a set), stamped with black swirls, then used black embossing powder with my chandelier stamp. White cardstock for the tag--I just stamped it on, cut it out, inked around with black and pink, and then stamped the "Happy Birthday" on.

I don't have any specific uses for these yet, but there are always birthdays coming up--it never hurts to be prepared. (As I've learned the hard way from frantically throwing cards together before dashing out the door...) Unfortunately, these are both rather girly. I'm always hard-pressed to make manly cards. I'm the family cardmaker--exciting job with the number of relatives I have, but it does save us the effort of buying too-expensive ones from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment